Friday, December 2, 2011

It's December - one of the best months of the year!

Yesterday was a momentous day for me. For one, it marked the first day of December which then reminded me that we only have 24 more days until Christmas. YIKES! I need to start making some shopping lists and start baking! Talk about a startling wake-up call. Plus, I spent the morning freezing my tush off working at a construction site on the West Side of Manhattan...I haven't yet acclimated to the chilly weather. Note to self: wear warmer clothes.  =)

The second wonderful thing that happened yesterday was that Hudson Valley Green reached 5,000 pageviews! Woohooo! I've been watching the pageview stats like a hawk these past few days and I was so excited when we reached 5,000 that I did a little happy dance. 

December is sure to be a busy month but here's a brief preview of what topics I hope to cover this month:

  • A review of Full Moon Farm, a beautiful barn in the Catskill Mountains that might just be the perfect venue for your big day. 

  • Planning on "do-it-yourself" flowers, centerpieces, or other party decorations? I'll share with you some of my favorite sources of inspiration and craft supply websites/stores. 

  • Even though it's only the beginning of winter, it's never too early to start planning your garden. I'll do a review of the Hudson Valley Seed Library.  Purchase seeds for your own garden or for that special gardener in your life as a unique, beautiful, and eco-friendly holiday present. Also perfect as favors for your event! 

  • Some great "green" gift ideas for the holidays (or bridal party gifts). 



If you have any suggestions for other topics, please leave a comment and let me know! 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of love and laughter. 

Happy Planning, 
Lizzie

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 5000 pageviews!
    I love the ideas I read about on this blog!

    ReplyDelete