Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ahhhh...Summer!

Holy cannoli, it's July! Can you believe it? 

I've been slacking in the blogging department this past month. There have been BBQs to attend, mountains to hike, gardens to weed, and birthdays to celebrate. I specifically took the month of June off from blogging to spend some quality time with Mr. HVG, family, and friends, and I was even able to score some quiet time for myself! May was a hectic month for me at work...some downtime was much needed. I also gave up on keeping my house spotlessly clean and just decided to spend more time doing fun things...needless to say, it's been awesome.

Summer is so short-lived in the Hudson Valley and I am determined to squeeze out every ounce of sunny goodness from it. I'm hoping to publish a few event planning-related posts on the blog in July and August but don't be surprised if you see a few weeks go by without a new post. Just know I'm out and about in the sun and will be back soon!

(c) Hudson Valley Green

I wanted to share a few of the things I've discovered while enjoying June....


My amazingly awesome best friend gave me a gift certificate to The YogaScape in Carmel (Putnam County).  I have now attended two classes and am hooked. This is my first "real" yoga experience and I cannot say enough about it. I love the juxtaposition of true physical activity and mental relaxation. I feel incredibly rejuvenated after each class.  Attending a yoga class would be perfect for a little pre-wedding day activity to get some exercise and relax the mind! 



My new favorite blog, Frock Files, is written by the very talented Joy Uyeno. She has the rare ability of making the simple absolutely beautiful. Frock Files is well-written, sophisticated yet unpretentious, and insightful.  Joy shares her thoughts, photography, and some delicious recipes on her blog. It has now become an early morning ritual for me to check her website for a new post. My favorite so far has been this one, "A Change of Perspective". I've been using is as a guide of sorts to a new approach to life...check it out and let me know what you think! 


One of the best things about writing this blog is getting the chance to meet some really wonderful and interesting people. In June, I had the opportunity to meet Nathalie of The Living Room in Cold Spring (Putnam County), a new event venue. Nathalie and her partner-in-crime decided to buy an old drug store in the heart of Cold Spring and revamp it into a rustic-chic event space. Look for a dedicated blog post all about The Living Room in the near future! 


I cannot resist the siren song of a Target. While cruising the isles of my local Target recently, I discovered the most wonderfully fragrant bamboo jasmine soy candle by the Chesapeake Bay Candle Company. It was a total impulse buy but now I am in love. 

After a particularly stressful day at work, I'll come home, light the candle, and chill on the couch for a bit with a good magazine. Even if for ten minutes, the light fragrance of the candle paired with its soft glow and the distraction of a magazine puts me in a better mood. I've been giving the candle to all of my female relatives and my girlfriends.....and at $10, the price can't be beat!

Hope you are getting to enjoy all that summer has to offer! 

Happy Summer, 
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment