Your first dance as a married couple is really special moment. You'll want to make sure that your first dance truly captures the essence of you and your now official partner-in-crime. If you are looking for some great suggestions for nontraditional music for your first dance, you've come to the right place.
Here are HVG's top five wedding songs:
5. "You & Me" ~ Dave Matthews Band
4. "What I Wouldn't Do" ~ Selena Ryder
3. "You Are The Best Thing" ~ Ray LaMontagne
2. "Love Me" ~ The Little Willies (with Norah Jones on vocals/piano)
1. "The Best Is Yet To Come" ~ Frank Sinatra
This song is my absolute favorite first dance song. I love the message, that the wedding is only the start of a wonderful life together, that the best is yet to come....
And if I may make one more suggestion, invite your guests out on the dance floor about 30 seconds into your first dance. Watching the newly married couple twirl away on an empty dance floor for a whole three minutes can feel sort of awkward after a little while. Your guests will love being invited to share in the moment, trust me on this.