- Good quality melting chocolates, like these or these.
- Candy decorations. I used what I had on hand, pink sanding sugars, but chopped nuts or coarse sea salt would work too.
- Candy molds, such as these.
1. Melt your chocolates in a double boiler (or in the microwave). Take care to not let even the tiniest water droplet make its way into your chocolate. Moisture will make your chocolate seize.
2. Prep your molds by adding the sanding sugar, nuts, sea salt, etc.
3. Once melted, pour the chocolates into the molds. Let cool in a refrigerator for an hour (or more depending on the size of the molds. For larger chocolates, let set for additional time).
4. Pop your chocolates out of the mold and into a cellophane bag or small jar. Tie with a pretty ribbon and viola!
Make these ahead of time and store in a cool, dry place (but not in the refrigerator or freezer!).
Enjoy giving or eating!
Photo Credit: Lizzie B., Hudson Valley Green