With the holiday season in full swing, I thought I might share some of my favorite sources of inspiration for all things crafty. I truly enjoy being crafty even though I'm not very artistic or creative. This Christmas, I attempted to make several of my presents for family and friends (I even had a surprisingly high level of success!). Perhaps you might find some great holiday gift ideas here....
I love seeing how other people decorate their houses. Here are some of my absolute favorite "Do It Yourself" decorating/interior design blogs that I read frequently (that's an understatement, I really do check them everyday):
Check out these really beautiful (and reusable!!) wine bottle gifts bags from Kate at Centsational Girl. These types of things really make me want to learn how to sew. :)
I have found that the lovely ladies who author these blogs demonstrate how to be incredibly creative on a budget. I have gotten some great ideas for centerpiece ideas or gifts at these sites. You can also find lots of ideas for "upcycling" some materials that you had originally thought were headed for the trash.
For supplies, visit these stores (some brick and mortar, some not):
- A.C. Moore
- Hobby Lobby (I just found out there is one in Poughkeepsie!)
- Save on Crafts: online vendor offering a great variety of craft supplies...check out their "Green Crafting" section. Buyer beware: not all of their "green" items are actually eco-friendly so use your head when shopping.
- Pick Your Plum: online vendor offering daily deals on crafty supplies.
- Wuslu: online vendor offering daily deals on home decor-ish items...you may find some great, large decorations for your event.
- Your local thrift store or consignment shop. You never know when you'll find something amazing and there are lots of opportunities to turn "trash" into treasure.
I love this candle holder/vase from SaveOnCrafts.com. It would be perfect filled with dried lavender and surrounded by tea lights for a beautiful and rustic centerpiece. And for $6 each (or 6 for $5/each), the price is right!
Do you have a favorite source for crafty inspiration? Leave a comment and share with HGV!